Cradle Mountain Day Tour
- Meander through some of Tasmania’s pristine country and mountain landscapes
- Tour the picturesque village of murals – Sheffield
- A delicious lunch is a available to purchase at the Cradle Forest Inn.
- Our destination, the iconic Cradle Mountain
- Guided 20-minute walk to Glacier Rock on Dove Lake
- Visit Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary to meet Tasmanian Devils, Kangaroos and maybe cuddle a Wombat!
Your journey begins with spectacular scenery as we navigate lush rolling farmland, ascend rugged mountain ranges and Tasmainian Cool Temperate rainforest.
Cradle Mountain is one of the most photographed sites in Australia. Inscribed in 1982 on UNESCO’s World Heritage Register, this is the Wilderness area that many or our visitors to Tasmania make a priority to see.
This Tasmanian icon and experience is a must for all travellers.
Your first view of Cradle Mountain leaves you in no doubt of the power and beauty of our Tasmanian Wilderness. Carved out by a giant glacier over ten thousand years ago, Cradle Mountain’s jagged peaks dance in reflections on beautiful Dove Lake. Surrounded by unique alpine forests, walking along the edge of the lake is an unforgettable experience.
Following a drive throught the changing landscape and forests, we visit the cosy Cradle Forest Inn for lunch. A fantastic location, an extensive menu is available for you to make your own selection and purchase.
No trip to Tasmania is complete without a visit with our iconic Tasmanian Devils or an encounter with an adorable wombat. On the way home from Cradle Mountain we stop at Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary for a close encounter with our very local creatures that will make your perfect day complete.
- Tour includes entry to the Cradle Mountain National Park and Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Warm clothing is advised during our colder months
8.30 AM to 5.00 PM
$195.00 per person